Exhaust tailpipe exit?

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yall the chance to change your exhaust up where would yall move the tail pipe to? Stacks are out of the question but im game for amything else before rear tire, after rear tire, out the back, maybe even a hood stack? What do yall think?

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Dual exhaust before the rear tire with 4 inch tips.

Or a dual exhaust after the rear tire with 4 inch tips.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Single tailpipe out in stock loction works best. If it enywhere else it just covers things in soot

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
a buddy of mine found that if u want to stay with the stock pipe underneith, go to jegs or summit and order any kit for ur truck but with a v8 gasser. he had the dual pipes out under the bumper on his. bolted right up to the stock ypipe.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine directed out the side about a foot behind the cab, except not with the pipe going clear out to the edge of the body. I had it like that for awhile and it will start to make your wheels look nasty. But I wouldn't change it from where it is, I like it, sounds good.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone run a turndown at the rear axle? i think big exhaust tips are dumb. kinda like stickers on a ricer. for sure don't get a hood stack. not only are they not street legal (exhaust must exit after the passenger compartment) but they are loud and mean you have a huge hole in the hood that lets in water.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Stock location. The tialpipe I had was sitting behind the fender though so it was sooting up the inside of it. Bought a 18" tip just to extend it a little to get the soot out from behind the fender.

19jackal90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen a 1st gen 12v running all through georgetown, ky with a 2ft hood stack. then again cops are lenient in ky.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id do stacks or the other way.

Ill let my gasser explain the other way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they dont have that down here.... it could be a hay wagon and have a motor with a dash nailed to it 4 the vin and drive it around :rotflmao.
LOL That would explain it.

I had mine like that and the only problem was that back passenger wheel stayed black

You can look at the front wheel and the back wheel and tell under the mud that the back one is more dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online