Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I want to do twins exiting at the bumper on a 45* angle. And on the turn down at the axle or "weed burner" that's what I'm running now, sounds nice with a straight piped turbo IDI or a cherry bomb N/A idi, but it soots up the tailgate and back bumper.

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
im working on putting a stock 3.5 exhaust off of a 95 powerstroke van onto my 86 6.9, its almost done, just waiting on the reducers to come in

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I ran a 3" straight pipe right behind my running board on the passenger side. Looks good, no soot problems that others have mentioned either. Only a slight rumble in the back seat with the windows up and the cruise control on. On the other hand, with the windows down and your foot in it, you can really hear the beast come to life! ;Sweet

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason y no stacks is cost and i have a fuell tank and a tool box mounted in the bed. It is a work truck thats y i didnt care about the hood stack. But i think i am gonna do the exit in the stock location i have 3" exhaust for it. It just has a 2" hole on the turnout its rusted out.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my rims are black and so is the truck now
i had straight pipe under the bed dumping
it was great but the bumper tailgate and all under the truck have a thick black soot layer

now i got it running out single 3 inch before the passenger wheel
no real soot issues yet but well see

i like the side best as i stated

once i add the turbo im keeping the same spot just dual 3 inch

my buddy wants me to add stacks but they drone and mostly look like crap because they are too high or too short or too big no pickup needs 2 8 inch stacks

i header paint all my exhaust work and it lasts much longer i did one about 3 years ago and its still great looking some small spots where the paint chipped but no rust

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more advantage of what i did
my old ford now has a youre going to merge into someone warning
the exhaust note changes when a car is next to it
you hear rumble keep youre lane