Ever seen OBS headlighs like this?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 99 and newer Super Duties have (had) an option for sealed beam headlights. It was found mostly on the lower-end models, specifically the fleet vehicles. My guess is the OBS did as well, but it wasn't as common. Either that or he found some lights from a foreign market as I mentioned before.
AFAIK every OBS truck sold in the U.S. had the "aerodynamic" headlights...even the basic Custom and XL models. Only difference on the front end was a dull gray grille and headlight surround, like this:

You must be registered for see images

I wonder if he grafted it together using SuperDuty XL/Custom front-end parts? Hmm...I have to say that I'm not a fan of the look, but I like the idea of being able to put E-code sealed beams on an OBS front end... :angel:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I would wager a guess that certain markets Ford sold these trucks in might have not been willing to approve the OBS factory headlights. Same in reverse for Mercedes, the Euro 300D cars had molded headlamp assemblies, while the American market cars had sealed beam H4's. Ford might not have wanted to spend the $$ to certify the headlamps in Australia, for example. That's how the brick nose trucks over there got the sealed beam treatment.

Although, it may be possible that this is a custom job... It wouldn't be impossible to take the lens off the OBS headlamp assembly, cut the reflector up and mount a sealed beam back there.. :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online

No members online now.