Epic road trip service needed.

WasteOBurner

Reaction score
potter valley, california. mendocino county
Hello. I am halfway through a 10000 mile idi adventure . My truck has run flawlessly. Runs constantly, starts every time in any weather. Really cold. San Francisco to New York city, and back. I was hoping to get a referral on a drive train service in the metro New York city area, or Connecticut. Both axles, transmission, and transfer case. Normally I do my own service, but I don't want to get too dirty during my vacation. So gurus, and idi geniuses, where am I going?

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an International/Ford dealership in Hartford, CT on Brainard Road that I've seen other IDIs at. There is also Monaco Ford in Glastonbury, CT (one town over) that I've bought parts from in the past and have seen IDIs on the lot. Central CT is about 2 hrs northeast of NYC. Enjoy the trip!

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Grease everything that can be. Check water pump free play. BRAKES. lift pump pressure. All coolant hoses n connections. Clutch hydraulics or auto trans cooler lines. All wheel bearings. Driveline freeplay. Transmission mount. Tcase linkage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are half way through your trip and need both axles serviced, plus transmission and transfer case??? Has the entire trip been off road? :confused:

Good news is that you only need drive train service and nothing specific to IDI.

WasteOBurner

Reaction score
potter valley, california. mendocino county
You are half way through your trip and need both axles serviced, plus transmission and transfer case??? Has the entire trip been off road? :confused:

Good news is that you only need drive train service and nothing specific to IDI.

Hilarious, but most of if was towing in snow and ice, including recovery of my sister's scion today. The only reason I say service now, is preventative, and I am smelling gear oil burning.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is Ctaxle in Ellington? That's like 15 minutes from me and I've never seen it haha

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Nah, Just glad I could help.

If he asks just tell him someone from NorthEast Jeep

Last edited:

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about them. They're between 83 and 140.

Near bolles or closer toward Vernon? The only place I can think of in that area is valley truck and off-road. Btw I didn't realize there were so many people from ct on here. None of you happen to drive a white 7.3 2x4 dually pickup do you? Seen one in Vernon a while ago and it appeared to be immaculate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online