Engine Operation Monitoring system

6_Myles

I be architect'n
Reaction score
I know they make these types of things for newer, electronically controlled engines. (bully dog, banks, etc.) Its a system that has one LCD screen that mounts somewhere that shows EGT, Oil pressure, Eng. & Tranny Temp, ***, and a bunch of other stuff. I know these systems plug into the wiring harnesses to get alot of there data, but is there a system out there that will combine all a bunch of functions, like I mentioned above, on mechanically driven engines?
I'm trying to avoid putting in all the different gauges I want. I would rather install all the sending units and then connect it to a central computer display.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep someone does just what your asking...

BD Power

It's called the X Monitor - you can get one with an external temp sender so you can read the trans temp, it comes with a pyrometer and boost gauge then you can add in the extras if you like....

$459.00 is the price for the universal dash top model then you add in the sensor for another $110.00 - but it does just what your looking for...

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
argve said:
Yep someone does just what your asking...

BD Power

It's called the X Monitor - you can get one with an external temp sender so you can read the trans temp, it comes with a pyrometer and boost gauge then you can add in the extras if you like....

$459.00 is the price for the universal dash top model then you add in the sensor for another $110.00 - but it does just what your looking for...

Wow, that's pretty dang steep just to monitor the varoius friggin engine/trans temps. etc.cookoo

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
Wow, that's pretty dang steep just to monitor the varoius friggin engine/trans temps. etc.cookoo

True. But if I recall, adding 3 quality gauges isn't TOO much less...

6_Myles

I be architect'n
Reaction score
Yea, it's a little pricey. I looked through the application page for it and it seems a little limited. I was hoping to get atleast 5 or 6 guages in something. To add 2 or 3 guages is fine, I'll get an A-pillar mount, but if I want to have EGT, Boost, Tranny Temp, Oil Press., Amp. or Engine Temp all guaged, I'll run out of room to mount them all real quick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger