engine miss

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started the truck up this evening and felt a miss at an idle that did not clear up. At the 3-5 minutes point, it was even worse at an idle, but fine above 1200 rpm. At the 15 minute point after a quick trip down highway, everything was fine. Drove back home and there is no detectable miss. What gives?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It sounds like your truck was getting air in the lines/ran out of fuel. I have had that exact same thing happen to me once, because I ran the tank dry. I was sitting at school and started up the truck and got out to put my backpack in the bed and the truck started to run real rough. So I jumped in the truck real quick and switched tanks to the full one. My other got ran dry. So for the next 5 minutes I had to rev it up to about 1200 rpm's so the roughness/miss would go away. I then started driving it and all was good. Where you parked on a hill by chance with the tank almost empty so your pump didnt feed it any fuel?

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that makes sense. It has a small fuel leak (when cold) at the electrical connection on the fuel filter head, probably sucked a bunch of air in there.
Thanks,
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online