Engine go caa-caa. 7.3 idi turbo. // Need Head Stud Kit

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest Wes. But just as I figured by the time I read through the end of the thread someone already had. Another option, especially if you're not in a rush is to get Wes or Russ @typ to find a new truck for you and then go over it doing what is necessary. Just an option to consider...

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other thing I'll mention. It seems that you are relatively new to the oil burners community. We are relatively unique in that everyone sticks together and helped each other. The members that have businesses surrounding our IDI trucks can be counted on to go the extra mile to help you out. While the local machine shop maybe excellent and a good business, these guys are fanatics! Ask me how I know...

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
It is not clear to me why you don't want to build the engine yourself, unless you have to work outside. With premium parts, studs, machining (including magnaflux, rebuilt rods, new small end bushings, new cam bearings, 8 holes bored and honed, etc.) and balancing, my engine cost $3300 to rebuild. But I have an indoor site and am in southern California, so the weather here is rarely brutal (as in less than 50 degrees).

I also like to do it myself so I know exactly how and what went into the build, as well as enjoying the cackle at startup a little bit more each time it fires.

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PO of my truck swapped the toast 6.9 out for a junkyard 7.3 of unknown miles.

Still kicking very many thousands of miles later. Rebuild kit would have costed more than the rusty old truck is worth

When this one goes out it's getting another JK motor with all the CDD goodies

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.