Emissions???

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
i just got a damn letter in the mail telling me to test the truck,yes i laughed, but are they serious?? what are they going to test for?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
i just got a damn letter in the mail telling me to test the truck,yes i laughed, but are they serious?? what are they going to test for?

You get the dyno test. It's a smoke test. They put the truck on a dyno. Run it up to about 45 mph and see how much smoke you make.

No need to worry.If a modified PSD can pass this, you will pass with no problems.:D

tractorman86

Reaction score
here in arizona they just do a snap test for opacity the max is like 4ppm iirc and mine with a turned up pump passed with .4ppm:rolleyes: . just tell them you want to do the test and they can't object, just remember they cant tell if it is quite full throttle so back off a bit:D

tractorman86

Reaction score
oh yea and a little (2 bottles) rubbing alcahol will never get noticed:D :D LOL not sure how i know that

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if you can fill up with a load of at least B20 to help you pass. It depends on the state, but most states that do diesel emissions testing do that snap throttle opacity test.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
See if you can fill up with a load of at least B20 to help you pass. It depends on the state, but most states that do diesel emissions testing do that snap throttle opacity test.

Could always turn your pump down a few flats for the test :D

For sure I would never let any of those boneheads operate my vehicle at a test station after a friend of mine had his truck leave one on a tow truck after the idiot jammed the transmission into two gears at once somehow cookoo Luckily, no testing at all so far in this state :hail

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None in FL either, but don't know how long it'll last since Charle Crist and some in the gov't want us to be "green" in the vein of CA and others.