electrical shut down 1986 F-250 6.9 IDI Real problem and quite scary happen to anyone

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old wires become brittke and can appear ok but internally or at connections be breakjng or arcing causing this issue too...all is not as it may appear.

When testing with VOM wiggle wires and crimped ends to show any potential weak links.

JM2CW

inked469

Reaction score
Just a note with checking the cables for breaks you should read under 1 ohm for a good cable for that size. Anything more than say 5 or 6 ohms is gonna be a bad cable.(I don't know the resolution of your meter).

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note with checking the cables for breaks you should read under 1 ohm for a good cable for that size. Anything more than say 5 or 6 ohms is gonna be a bad cable.(I don't know the resolution of your meter).
Most digital meters have a low range of up to 200 ohms, that should have no problems picking up resistance of even less than 1 ohm. Analog meters are naturally somewhat trickier to read.

GrizzW

Reaction score
I have both analog and digital VOM, Still looking at this point. Problem is I don't know if I have fixed it or not. {until it happens again)
Will update if I find anything that shows the real problem.
Cross your fingers.
'Gards
Grizz