E4OD to STD. Any issues

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at doing this conversion. Now my question is really for those who have doen this, but all opionions are welcome.

Have you had any issues now that you have done the conversion, I am concerned about the firewall holding up, and the area that you mount the clutch actuator. Did you have to do any fabrication of supports etc. for these areas?

I think I am going to start collecting parts now.

Thanks
Doug

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dsblack said:
I am looking at doing this conversion. Now my question is really for those who have doen this, but all opionions are welcome.

Have you had any issues now that you have done the conversion, I am concerned about the firewall holding up, and the area that you mount the clutch actuator. Did you have to do any fabrication of supports etc. for these areas?

I think I am going to start collecting parts now.

Thanks
Doug
I can't speak for everyone else but you have two choices. one. mark the spot, drill your holes and bolt in. That is what the factory does. two. go get the reinforcement kit and put it in ahead of time to prevent the flexing fatigue commonly seen.
I go a little different from here. Instead of the kit, I have a complete plate that I install. I used to torch cut the big holes and drill the small holes. Bad part, everything comes out. brake booster, steering column, clutch master. good part, I know of quite a few Ford towtrucks with over a million miles on the chassis that never seen the firewall problem with the plate installed ahead of time.

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
No problems with mine. I picked up all of the parts at the salvage yard. The rest of the story is in the links in my sig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online