e4od rebuilds in Northern Colorado

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all.. new to the forum long time IDI fan. Looking for a shop in northern Colorado, north of Denver, that has experience and good reputation building/upgrading the dreaded e4od.

A little background.. 91 S/C 7.3 with a banks sidewinder/trans command 4X4 215k ish. Banks parts installed 2-3 owners ago so no telling how many miles on them. Started making the flex plate noise a week ago, loud growl at idle sounds perfect at +/- 1100 RPM. Immediately parked it till I have time to tear into it and pinpoint what it needs, but figured if I'm going to have it that far down might as well do a trans and a rear main. I'm stuck between just getting a new trans or building this one. I really want to get away from the trans command, I don't mind firm shifts but don't want the harsh axle jamming shift the controller gives not to mention it flakes out.

I have seen the trans from Monster Trans and read good reviews, but if I can find someone local that can build it up I would rather go that way if it's comparable in price. I would love to do a zf5 swap, but just do not have the time to go looking for parts for the swap.

So anyone north of Denver if you know any reputable shops I'd love the feed back, hoping to get on it in the next couple weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online