dumb question

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
ok, so after two hours of searching, i thought i would ask. i'm in need of bed mounting hardware, the bolts look funny, three different lenghts, 4 have an oval shank, two have a square shank. six total on my long bed, is this normal? i've called every ford dealer in my county, even ford parts online and there telling me anywhere from 15 to 18 dollars a bolt.:eek: . is this normal or should i just use carrage bolts? anyone have any ideas?
thanks
chris

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing with mine. And yes they are around $15 a bolt and another $2.50 if you buy the nut off of them. I said the heck with them and went to a junk yard and started ripping bolts out of truck beds till I got a good set. The two center ones you can just use a 1/2" carriage bolt. same thing. Good luck

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Chris,
Just grab some grade 8 standard hex head bolts, 1/2" I think and a handfull of flat washers on the top side. Prolly best with the 5'er plate in there. Prolly a bit overkill but they'll hold that bed on there for sure.
I can't recall what the lengths were right off hand but they much less in cost and ya don't have to worry about ovaling out the bed trying to get em back out later on down the road.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online