dual stacks to single CAT stack

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Hey there everybody, I had dual 4 inch stacks on my truck for almost a year now and was bored with them both in looks and sound, the dual 4's were too raspy at high rpm's for me and I was lookin for something deeper and throatier. I go to college for welding and had access to some free 6" ID aluminum pipe (6 5/8" OD) and thought why not try a single stack for free, Ive always likaed the way CAT equipment stacks looked and wanted to build one i was originaly planning on painting this flat black but after i brushed the aluminum i liked they way it looked because it wasnt shiny(hate chrome) so heres what i made and i have 2 1/2" off of each manifold because im NA, and i made a custom collector at the base of the stack for dual 3" flex pipe from the 2 1/2 to the 6, I couldnt be happier with the look and sound i ended up with.

You must be registered for see images attach

I like the white picket fence,too!

loggin350

Reaction score
thanks dyoung im glad someone likes my style haha and yea the picket fence was at my buddys house where we hooked it up hes fancy like that

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
It looks good, great welding job too. If I could weld 1/3 that good I might get 2 pieces of metal to stick together.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao I don't know what this guy was thinking LOL

Not only does he have 8"? stacks but they're 6 foot tall!! :rotflmao

That truck looks quite like mine - 8ft bed and only can use less than half of it. Tho I got no 8" stacks and 150-gallon fuel tank, but plenty of other stuff.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Hey there everybody, I had dual 4 inch stacks on my truck for almost a year now and was bored with them both in looks and sound, the dual 4's were too raspy at high rpm's for me and I was lookin for something deeper and throatier. I go to college for welding and had access to some free 6" ID aluminum pipe (6 5/8" OD) and thought why not try a single stack for free, Ive always likaed the way CAT equipment stacks looked and wanted to build one i was originaly planning on painting this flat black but after i brushed the aluminum i liked they way it looked because it wasnt shiny(hate chrome) so heres what i made and i have 2 1/2" off of each manifold because im NA, and i made a custom collector at the base of the stack for dual 3" flex pipe from the 2 1/2 to the 6, I couldnt be happier with the look and sound i ended up with.

Nice job i'll take 2:D

loggin350

Reaction score
haha if i wasnt leaving for boot camp this summer id be more than happy to build stuff like this for people i love fabricating custom parts for trucks and jeeps and whatever else

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online