Done some accelaration runs

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I done a run between three light poles and 4 light poles this evening not sure on distance 1/4 mile maybe? when i pasted the fourth lightpole i was just passing 70 mph, didnt time the run but it impressed me, seems like my step dads s-10 with the built 355 will do about 100 in 4 light polesIIRC, i think i need to find a dyno some were, this truck is to fast for non turbo, that or im just not use to a healthy IDILOL

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet if you wanna come up my way i know a place that is marked at 1/4 mile maybe ill take mine out when i fix all the crap and do a before and after type4 cam

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Just a WAG really, but I would think I would be on the governor for the second half of the 1/4 mile run, that's why I did the 0-60 run.:dunno

nappy nate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear its running like a ***** ape. Did you see these videos from johnboggs with his N/A IDI? Man these are impressive IMO.Just used his cell phone to record it going 0-60 in 11-12 seconds and we can see the timer . I'd like you to give us some actual numbers to be impressed with but the 4 light poles means nothing to me but 0-60 is pretty universal:love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvV-q7fEQQU&feature=player_embedded#!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I will try to get a couple 0-60 time on my cell phone tomarrow using my stop watch but i dont have a camera to record one

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
You don't need a stop watch, just post it in youtube and we can look at the timer.

I should do the same, I think I would be around that 11-12 second mark if I did it the way he did on that video.

I was at a dead stop and pretended like I saw a light turn green, hit the stopwatch on my phone then floored it and just let it spin til it caught.

If I did it from a rolling start like on the video it would make a huge difference.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I watched it again and now I'm not sure if he's moving or just holding the throttle a little with the brakes on.

In any case the truck sounds awesome and if it is from a dead stop it may be more like 10-11 seconds.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
to go in a totally different direction.....
I've never paid any attention to a Dyno. It means jackSh*t to me.

If you want to see how your truck does, and the intention is to go fast, 1/8mile drag strips are open every weekend doing 'test and tunes.' typically it is a few dollars and your truck will need to be clean. But if you show up early you should be able to do 5-10 runs. It'll give you an idea of what your truck does in the real world.

My truck probably made alot less horsepower at the wheels when I had the c6. But it was a heck of alot faster.
The Zf has made the truck feel ALOT more powerful, but the zf5 is real ratchety and doesn't lend itself to speed shifting (don't try it, don't suppose I can fit a toploader behind a 7.3).

Engine recovery, the trucks ability to hook and get traction, etc etc isn't measured with a computer.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You don't need a stop watch, just post it in youtube and we can look at the timer.

I should do the same, I think I would be around that 11-12 second mark if I did it the way he did on that video.

I was at a dead stop and pretended like I saw a light turn green, hit the stopwatch on my phone then floored it and just let it spin til it caught.

If I did it from a rolling start like on the video it would make a huge difference.

I ment i dont have a camera to record it, so i will have to use a stop watch on my phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online