Does the T444E Use a standard belhousing? Thinking 13spd.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I am thinking of attempting to swap the 7 for a 13 Roadranger. although it would be nice to know if it would fit without having to pull the trans. I'd have to engineer some air for the overdrive box to shift (hyd brakes,ugh.) Opinions greatly appreciated.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I am not much of a truck mechanic, what type of bellhousing would, say a class 8 truck use. CAT3406B in a KW for example. I havent had a chance look at the truck yet as it is still 1400mi away. does the spicer 7spd have a seperate bellhousing or is it integral? Forgive me but I usualu work on things with Tracks,Torque Converters and Powershift Trans.

Ak HDM

Reaction score
The 3406b will have a SAE#1 bellhousing, also the trans input shaft should be 2" dia. with a 151/2" double plate pulltype release clutch. I don't know if the T44E is available with a#1 flywheel housing & a flywheel for a 151/2" clutch.
A SAE #1 housing is pretty much standard on the engines used in class 8 trucks & equipment. Engines such as 3306,3406,3176, etc. in equipment have a #1 housing. If it uses 7/16 dia. bolts to attach the trans, converter,pump drive or power take-off to the engine flywheel housing, it's a SAE #1 housing.
Hope this helps
Mike

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I really appreciate the info. I am leaving WY to go get my Intl this week. When I get to TN I will check it out. Its amazing how you can work on equipment and not really know exactly what you are working with. There has been so many times that I just look in the book and order by Cat part # and think nothing of it. Sorry Im rambling again.:shoot:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance