Dodge Diesel newbie.

kevino

Reaction score
I bought my truck in November 2009 after doing some research and looking at various trucks. I settled on a very well looked after truck, with many upgrades and service records.

However, it has a loose feel steering wheel and I notice a clunking in the front end when accelerating and braking. It happens more when braking than accelerating, and you can feel this clinking through the steering wheel.

I have replaced the track bar, ALL trailing arm bushings and the front shocks. This didn't seem to fix anything and I am at a loss as to what the problem could be.

I have the aftermarket front frame brace installed, and there is a steering stabilizer on the truck. I have had my one of sons look at the truck (Goofyexponent) and we found that the pitman arm seems to be loose on the putput shaft of the steering bog that needs to be tightened, but there isn't a whole lot of play in it.

The tie rods, drag link and other steering components like the ball joints check out fine.

Any ideas?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I think next weekend, I am gonna try and talk to John and get the trailer. I will bring my electric ipact gun and a tube of loctite and see if we can't get that pitman arm tightened up. Maybe my good jack stands and we can get the whole front end off the ground and check it when it's not under the weight of the truck.

You should have bought an IDI powered Ford like mine from out west, or down south....nothing ever goes wrong with them lol.