Dana 50 front locking hub bolts

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find some I'd these bolts? I appear to be missing 3.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a hurry and broke several of those off. I had some flat round head screwdriver style 8-32 screws laying in the shop. I just took them on a grinder and ground a little bit off the outside of the head so it would fit down in the recess, and used those. They have been on there for years. If you just need to hold them on there and don't care about them being allen head.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally would take a good one into a hardware store and buy some stainless ones, install them with a little anti-seize.

Are they missing because someone broke them off in the holes? Might better check before you buy hardware you can't use....

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally would take a good one into a hardware store and buy some stainless ones, install them with a little anti-seize.

Are they missing because someone broke them off in the holes? Might better check before you buy hardware you can't use....

The problem I usually run into is the allen head corrodes into the hub. So I end up taking a drill and hogging out the head of the allen bolt to get the hub off. Then take vise grips or something and unscrew what is left of the old allen bolt.

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'll purchase the dorman ones.

I did test the size on my bolt collection and found the 8-32 to be the right size. I even thought about grinding the heads, but was concerned about stripping the head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online