Damn fuel leak, need electric pump

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
So I thought I had my fuel leak conquered. I went through everything last weekend and found a leak at the inlet line to the injection pump from the filter. It appeared to just be a loose fitting. I tightened it up and checked it and no leak. It was so bad at that point it was leaking all over the engine and ground. Everything else was dry, all the return lines and everything that I could see. So I drive home and park it for a week and check on it every so often and doesn't look like any fuel leaking. Go to start it today and she fires right up, stumbles... then stalls out. It just drained the fuel filter and that was it. Pretty annoying... everything looks dry now, I'm guessing it must somehow be up near the fuel filter and I'm not seeing fuel because air is just getting in and the fuel in the lines to the tank is just draining back into the tank. I replaced the fuel pickup in the tank a while back with just a piece of fuel hose, there wasn't some sort of one way valve in that to prevent this was there? I know there was one valve in there but i thought that was a bypass valve for when the bottom main feed became clogged.

Anyways... seeing I can't seem to find this fuel leak and this has been happening a while and it is no fun trying to prime the fuel system with the mechanical pump I want to switch to electric finally. I saw Icanfixall saying to use a transcold carrier electric pump, where are those from? I looked around but didn't see any pumps, just A/C parts. Also, I know alot have used Holley red pumps but I've read bad things about them too. Any suggestions?

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll hear different things from different people, but a Holley red has worked for 3 winters on mine

mrbrink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a facet on my truck, only had it on for a couple months so far but its worth every penny ;Sweet