crew cab power window wireing??need answer asap!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so ok its not an IDI but i figured yall have played with these trucks more than those up in the PSD ection.and this question should apply to IDI trucks as well.

on my crew cab i have a switch to lock the rear windows but it also locks the passenger front window.my kid has a habit of playing with the rear windows.well its a PITA to lock them when i have his mother in the front seat as i have to put her window up/down for her.

what i want to do is make it so the switch only locks the rear windows.on the back of the drivers switch panel there is a pink with blue tracer wire going to the lock switch.no other wires comeing from it.

id like to do this before i leave for a week of camping today.im tired of dealing with him playing with the windows.if im gonna waste fuel useing the AC i want all the windows closed!!but me and his mother smoke so we need the front windows cracked open to suck the smoke out before it hits the back seat.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the power rear windows were a PSD feature only. I haven't seen an IDI with them yet. Consequently, my technical data and wiring diagrams are out of date for helping you. :sorry: Hopefully somebody else has some handy. What you want to do shouldn't be too hard.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh i thought the 92-94 IDIs had power rear windows also.oh well.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and i figured you idi freaks had all the answers.boy was i wrong!!LMAO!! :D :D

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's just a matter of supplying power back to the pasg. front window when the lock switch is activated. If you can still control the window(s) from the drivers side master switch, than activating the lock button just disables power from flowing through the master switch to the individual switches on the doors.

Pull the panel and see which wire supplys power to the pasg front door. Now activate the lock button on the master switch and re-check for power. IF the power is disabled, than you just need to enable power at the kick panel so it has juice whenever the ignition switch is on. Your lockout will still function on the rear windows, and keep the fronts independent.

Ryan

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I'm sure it's just a matter of supplying power back to the pasg. front window when the lock switch is activated. If you can still control the window(s) from the drivers side master switch, than activating the lock button just disables power from flowing through the master switch to the individual switches on the doors.

Pull the panel and see which wire supplys power to the pasg front door. Now activate the lock button on the master switch and re-check for power. IF the power is disabled, than you just need to enable power at the kick panel so it has juice whenever the ignition switch is on. Your lockout will still function on the rear windows, and keep the fronts independent.

Ryan

only problem i couild see here is the jumper wire you added back feeding the other windows then which would defiet the lockout.

cant really say though since i still have to crank all my windows.:D

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
these are wiring diagrams from a 93 with power windows, hope it will help you some...

Attachments

• powerwindow diagram ds.jpg
    powerwindow diagram ds.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
  • powerwindow diagram ps.jpg
    powerwindow diagram ps.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Hehe, and I always just figured the PO of my truck replaced the back doors, or the front doors at some point. I'd never seen a power windowed vehicle with only 2 windows powered cookoo

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online