Considering

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dunno if i's bother swapping a PSD into an IDI body. i'd probably do the opposite if i had the time.

well you go buy an automatic PSD truck and come up here with it.help me do the swap and you will leave with my turbo IDI for no cost.

oh and i aint jokeing either.

t444ebandit

myth buster
Reaction score
For all who may be confused 02 was the first year of the pmr rods and as far as the best truck. I just got rid of a super duty for a 97 stroker both 3/4 ton. the interior on my 97 is tighter fitting with 90k than my 04 was with 50k. Way better milage too. 04 was a torque shift though and new truck is a zf-5. The super duty frame is stronger though and interior has less engine noise which doesn't bother me. 02 got the 4r100 trans best auto for the 7.3 IMHO. 3/4 ton truck that are pre 99 have ttb which is notorious for ball joint destruction so in my opinion find a 1 ton in pre super duty trucks for the solid front end.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all who may be confused 02 was the first year of the pmr rods and as far as the best truck. front end.

The actual date for change over to PMR is October 16 2000 at serial # 1498320 on the engine tag.

Here is the only real way to tell if you are near that build date OR engine serial number.

CLICK ME;Sweet

t444ebandit

myth buster
Reaction score
Stroker is correct about the rods I think. But if you preffer the auto and are not going to be adding big power an 02-03 7.3L is a great bet for the 4r100 is awesome. However the auto typicly doesn't offer the milage of a manual transmission. 7.3 powerstroke owner for life:thumbsup:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
The swonking isn't so bad Gunther. The guys up here are great. Full of info & answers to questions, & I've asked alot of 'em.

These trucks aren't bad to work on based on my limited experience. I just did injectors & glow plugs. Just gotta take some extra stuff of the get down there, that's all. Computer trouble could get costly I guess. But enough people here could help with that I suppose. I really don't regret moving up.

....and I think Freight Train really wants a PSD , he's up here an unusual amount of time "swonking" people (like me). He's reading up to figure out what he wants.LOL

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Actually,I am trying to figure out how to drop a LDT465-C into one of my trucks.I don't like a truck smarter than me.Even though I would like a PSD....I hear they make GREAT Mail boxes when you knock the center out.......(BTW,there is a 350 down the road turned into a Mail box.Headers,Air cleaner,distributor,wires,the whole nine yards.Door is the timing cover).