cold start vibration

bigmike

Reaction score
I have a 96 f250 auto that makes a vibration noise when it is started cold but noise goes away when it is warmed up. Any ideas?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give us a litle more info and we can start to help. Auto or manual trans. Glowplugs and glowplug relay, whens the last time they were changed, are you getting excessive white smoke on startup? Remember HEUI injection, whens the last time an engine oil change was performed.

Ayway, come back with a little more info and we can try to diagnose and maybe tell you to tighten up the anti-vibration screw a little.

Mike

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Damnit Mike;p
You beat me to it!

posting a question like that is like calling the doctor and saying that my SCHWANZE dribblesLOL

Give us some info PLZ:D

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Bigmike...

On most PSD's the EBPV (exhaust backpressure valve) closes until you warm enough for it to open back all the way... if it is only partially closing you may be getting a flutter kind of noise...

You can watch it from the motor compartment to see if its moving...

But like the others have said... If you have a bad glow plug on a cylinder and its not completely firing or not firing until the motor gets warm that might be your problem....

And cold to Kevin & Mike is alot different than other folks... unless your from Alaska or something.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dieselmaster
And cold to Kevin & Mike is alot different than other folks... unless your from Alaska or something.

It aint cold to me until No 1 gels and 5 weight oil is the consistancy of honey and you need a space heater aimed at the grill for an hour to get her to crank.:D Wyoming doesnt get that cold, but I grew up in ND and it does get that cold there:eek:

Ggg

Reaction score
I have spent quite a bit of time up in Yellowknife, N.W. Territories, Canada. Its pretty cold there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7