Code 1689

RAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per Geno's request.

Truck acted up this morning,check engine lite,stumbling,cut off once. Got code 1689-No communications between ECM and fuel pump. Cummins book says that it could be one of a couple of things. Anyone run across this before and what fixed it? Also unhooked the Comp to see if it still does it.

jarhead

comfortably numb
Reaction score
Raf, It could be your comp box.Alot of them have been acting up lately. Sometimes just changing the power level on the box can make a differance. Mine acts up once or twice a year.

I leave mine on five all the time, a couple of months ago I start the truck start down the road and I have no power, I look at the box and Its on level 4. ***? I don't run on 4 ever. Try to adjust the power level, nothing happening. I shut it off and re-start it everything is fine.

That box spends its whole life telling lies to your ECM, sometimes it gets tired.;)

RAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jarhead, thing is, it wasn't turned on when it did that. That's what has me wondering. Have about 100 miles on it with the Comp unplugged-no probs so far. It went into an idle like mode,after it shut off and restarted,throttle worked fine but check eng lite was still on. See what happens the next few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online