clear fuel line locations?

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing my fsv, olives & manual lift pump with an electric since it looks like it might finally be spring this weekend & I was thinking I would like to install some clear fuel line at strategic positions so as to monitor & quickly diagnose air intrusions, has anyone else done this? Just looking for opinions on the best locations,, thanks in advance!

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Napa heavy duty... tygon line. Rated for any fuel. These are the 1/4inch return caps but I used the 3/16 clips because the tygon line is so much thinner

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm planning on replacing my fsv, olives & manual lift pump with an electric since it looks like it might finally be spring this weekend & I was thinking I would like to install some clear fuel line at strategic positions so as to monitor & quickly diagnose air intrusions, has anyone else done this? Just looking for opinions on the best locations,, thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa heavy duty... tygon line. Rated for any fuel. These are the 1/4inch return caps but I used the 3/16 clips because the tygon line is so much thinner

You must be registered for see images attach

yes this is nice looking do you run this line all the time? how long does it last compared to other line?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, that's pretty cool. Do you have a part number? The chem resistant tygon is pretty tough but never thought of plumbing all the returns in it.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
No part number off hand. Traction heavy duty carries it

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That line appears to be Tygon F4040. My only concern would be the temperature rating; not sure if it could be exposed near or over the upper limit.

Tygon® F-4040-A tubing is used for petroleum and petroleum/alcohol blends. Suitable for transporting gasoline, heating oils, kerosene, and glycol-based coolants.

Flexible and resistant to swelling and brittleness. Minimum extractability safeguards fluids being handled. Translucent yellow color for positive identification and easy flow monitoring.

Recommended operating temperature: –37°C (–35°F) to 74°C (165°F). Durometer hardness: Shore A, 57. Tensile strength: 1821psi. Not for use with strong acids or alkalies.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Temperature would be my concern as well. Tygon gets really squishy at elevated temp.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temperature would be my concern as well. Tygon gets really squishy at elevated temp.

X3, I looked at this stuff and didn't buy it because of the temp range. It just gets too hot in the valley, the valley so low, for my comfort.

On the other hand, as long as your return doesn't clog, there's practically no pressure there...

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then we should ask this question, NO_SPRK how long have you been using this line????

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
1 year its been on 6.9 slant nose truck. The picture I shared was recent from a 92 van.

The trucks lines look new still

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a Max temp of 165*F, my concern would be where the crossover line is located and the under hood high ambient temp after running and shut down when there is no fluid circulation to cool the Tygon. Will it get soft enough at the cap clamps to cause a problem? No_Sprk, would have to answer that.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OldBull has a good point about the crossover tube, espically when a turbo would be in that area....
Another question more to the point of the thread, has using this tubing helped with chasing down air leaks????

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check into this a little more closely. There are lots of possible clear tubing options out there. Besides it looks really cool. ;Sweet

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Someone could put a chunk into a toaster oven and see what happens :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin