Chip & injectors are in. Need some answers?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Finally got it done & after cranking for a while, it started. I then installed the chip & drove it around about 10-15 miles.

It runs great when i'm in the pedal but if I take my foot off & coast I get some type of "chugging" or surging sound from the motor. It doesn't idle smooth while rolling but as it gets to 25 mph it smooths to a normal idle & idles fine while sitting still. Even when it's doing the surging thing while rolling the tach is steady at 900 rpm & if I stomp the pedal or ease into it, it smooths out & accelerates immediately, no hesitation. What is making it idle poorly while rolling? Does the fuel return line kit remedy this problem? Anybody?

Also it takes much longer to start. Cranks for a while, good 6-7 seconds. Used to crank for maybe .5-1.5 seconds & catch right away, even when cold. If I shut it off & restart right away, same thing. Almost seems like it's losing a prime if thats possible. Is this common with bigger injectors?

The chip is cool as **** though. It'll burn 1st, burn 2nd, & chirp 3rd on the 140 setting;Sweet

Any thoughs on the new issues I'm having?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Easy there hot rod LOL ;Sweet ....hey I'd be doing the same LOL

Most likely you have some air still trapped in the HPOP system and it takes a few times running to bleed it all out......just changing the front cover on my '96 took a couple days to settle in....I can't imagine the entire heads being empty and need of purging :eek:

As far as the starting goes...and not having the program code/tuning that you do ....have you tried starting in stock setting?

BTW......;Sweet and :moon: LOL at the same time ;p :cheers:

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
The guy fron the injection shop told me once if the injectors get to big they will make teh engine run rough at an idle.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like things are starting to come together for you;Sweet Hopefully a little fine tuning and you'll be done with all that frustration.

Just easy on the go pedal before you inadvertantly find that next weak link:peelout

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Easy there hot rod LOL ;Sweet ....hey I'd be doing the same LOL

Most likely you have some air still trapped in the HPOP system and it takes a few times running to bleed it all out......just changing the front cover on my '96 took a couple days to settle in....I can't imagine the entire heads being empty and need of purging :eek:

As far as the starting goes...and not having the program code/tuning that you do ....have you tried starting in stock setting?

I have tried starting on the stock setting with no difference. Could my HPOP be low on oil after pulling the injectors? There was alot of draining oil. I just read something about that in another thread.

Smokin, they're not big injectors. Stage 1 single shots. One step up from stock I think.

BTW......;Sweet and :moon: LOL at the same time ;p :cheers:[/QUOTE]

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Looks like things are starting to come together for you;Sweet Hopefully a little fine tuning and you'll be done with all that frustration.

Just easy on the go pedal before you inadvertantly find that next weak link:peelout

Just mashed on it to see what it had, that's all. Too many other questionable items right now to go pounding on it non-stop.......but soon.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to take it out on the highway with the overdrive off and run it at 45MPH for 30-40 miles before it will start to act normal again.or just drive it like you stole it.its still got air stuck in the HPOP and fuel systems.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chip is cool as **** though. It'll burn 1st, burn 2nd, & chirp 3rd on the 140 setting;Sweet

i told you beans was the way to go.bean is the man when it comes to makeing power with a PSD.plus a PSD is much more fun to play with than an IDI.

you did get a smoke setting on the chip,i hope :D .you use that setting for tailgaters and to fill ricers with soot at red lights.:D

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
i told you beans was the way to go.bean is the man when it comes to makeing power with a PSD.plus a PSD is much more fun to play with than an IDI.

you did get a smoke setting on the chip,i hope :D .you use that setting for tailgaters and to fill ricers with soot at red lights.:D

and to soot out the pedal bikes that think they own the road, and dont move over when cars are right next to them

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score

Not sure if I got that or I don't know the native language here well enough yet. I got
stock
high idle
40 tow
80 economy
120 race
140 extreme (my favorite:D )

Is one of those smoke?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no smoke program but when you learn when the converter is gonna unlock as you slow down in the 120 or 140 setting you can let it get to that point and step on it just not too hard as it will downshift and she will let out some smoke :D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Yep, drive it like you stole it. Need to blead out the air. Might be hard to start a little until then too.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and to soot out the pedal bikes that think they own the road, and dont move over when cars are right next to them

I HATE them too...:backoff :shoot: ..... when I had my side exhaust I used to love to down shift and smoke them the hell out...

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I did so more driving today, not too far but ALOT of pedal. Apparently I have 3 smoke settings. 1 - Can barely see behind you, 2 - Can't see behind you, & 3 - Total Eclipse. This thing POURS smoke when I want it too.:thumbsup:.

On a more serious note, it is starting normally now but still does the injector surging while rolling. I don't think it's as bad as it was last nite though. Just needs a few days to clear out I guess. God, it runs much better now.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Day 2.5 of alot of pedal & a total of about 50-60 miles on the injectors & still having the surging. It really sounds more like a miss or stumble now that I listen for it constantly. But comes on smooth with any amount of pedal. I'm starting to think this isn't trapped air. When you do injectors & all the oil drains into the cylinders, where is the oil coming from? The HPOP, right? could that be low & causing this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online