Cherry

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I wonder how many times that odometer has rolled around? It looks like a dealer is listing that thing. If it were an actual owner with a truck with really that few miles, I think you'd be seeing a lot more detailed listing.

------Robert

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see that if it was a tow truck that serviced a maximum of a 4 mile radius. That could concievably get 580 miles a year on it, assuming it wasn't called out every day. Low milage, but you can bet the doors and interior have some wear on them, and the engine has more hours than miles. Probably still a cream puff though.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a gooseneck hauler, not a "tow truck".

I've always felt that there's no sense in owning something if you aren't going to drive it. Had a guy call couple months ago that wanted a 60 something Cadillac flatbedded because it had 900- some miles on it and he didn't want it to go into 4 digits. Geez.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL good catch. I didn't notice the trailer back there. That makes it all the more strange. cookoo

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
The law against odometer rollback provides for punitive recovery if there is fraud. It's either 2 or 4 times what you paid. And if this is an out of state purchase, thats interstate fraud. I doubt any dealer would risk the liability if he couldn't back up his "actual mileage" claim.
Good looking rig.

By the way, I called & he wants $15,000 & said he would't take a dime less. Claims to have owned the truck since he bought it in '84 as a repo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online