Check engine light on

737INSP

Reaction score
Just removed my airbox in preperation for a cold air intake filter install. I disconnected the mass air flow senor to remove box and re-installed. I now have a engine light on the dash...should I remove battery cables to remove this fault? thanx for any help! :confused:

MUDDY

Reaction score
the light will go out in 7 or 8 starts. the code will still show in odemeter window when you do a check

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one for you Muddy,
My TPS went bad and I have to change it out. Will the check engine light go out the same way after I hook up the new one? Or do I have to go into the ECM and clear the light and codes with a scanner tool?

MUDDY

Reaction score
yes,,,,,,,,after 7 or 8 starts the light will go out but ya will need a scanner to clear the codes. ive seen some codes not be able to be cleared with a scanner, only the fancy hand held computors the dlrs, and some independant shops have are able to clear ALL the codes

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you used the auto enginuity scan tool to remove codes and shut off lights? How does it work for you? If you haven'tused it maybe someone has and could comment. Is it worth the cost?

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the light will go out, but the code is hard stored, youll need a scanner to clear the hard code. did you plug the MAF sensor back in or is it still disconnected?

737INSP

Reaction score
yes, did re-connect maf sensor and light did go out after a few starts. A buddy at work let me use his MACK diagnostic. And will remove code this weekend! thanx for all the advice!....