changed ip. injectors leaking bubbling from seat now. ?

blaines87

Reaction score
Im new here. I have an 87 350 w 6.9idi I changed my injection pump out for a newer/used stan. Upon doing so My injectors (3) are leaking blowing bubbles from seat checked torque set at 35ft lbs still leak. I didn't have this leak before pump swap. I changed the pump for 2 reasons. it ran away on me one night famously sucking oil up and luckily shutting itself down before any real damage was done. The next reason was because I had bad vacuum below 12 hg off vdv from pump. My trans was starting to act up in 3rd gear going in and out. Even after replacing modulator valve. Any ideas input suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds stupid but are you sure the plastic caps are pushed all the way down? When I did mine I managed to not put enough force on some and had fuel coming out from the bottom of the caps, or at least thats where I was seeing it

blaines87

Reaction score
I was thinking that myself but I actually see its blowing bubbles like Easter morning from the injector seats.
Im thinking Petro jelly on the o rings then I can b sure ther down all the.?

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that problem,the copper washer that seats between the injector an the head may be bad..I'm no mechanic an I'm sure someone else will chime in.. good luck

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Now when you replaced the injecters did you install new, Rebuilt or some you found that might be good but don't know. After answering that can you tell us if you changed the copper gasket washer found on the bottom of each injecter. These copper washer gaskets are a one use item because they work harden and will cause a leak if used twice usually. They can be softened by annealing and filed smooth but lets not go there yet. A runaway is a serious thing. Why do you think it ran away because it sucked up its own oil. The low vacuum has be wondering why you posted it. It has nothing to do with the operation of the injection pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online