champion replacement radiator, thickness compared to OEM?

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the detailed thread that was done a while ago that had pictures of the champion radiator compared to stock is now missing all the pictures :mad: ugh

For anyone that has installed one, Im remembering it was a little thinner then the factory radiator, am i correct or hallucinating? Any idea how much thinner if so? The thread seems to list all the dimensions except thickness

Im trying to brainstorm a way to swap the cummins into my ford, use the zf5, and NOT move the trans back at all. Sounds pretty irritating. Thinking maybe a thinner radiator with electric fans could do the trick... not sure.

Reaction score
Try again. It's my thread. I had moved the pics in my photobucket account and broke the links. Went back and fixed them.

Merry Xmas!

Mike

Reaction score
To answer your question about thickness, I don't recall the Champion being all that much thinner than the stock unit. Maybe the American Eagle one would be, but if the tanks are the same (which is where the thickness really comes from), then probably not.

Mike

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for fixing pics! Might still have to try it to help the electric fans work better, but your right doesn't seem much thinner from pictures. Oh well

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics are fine..

Hmm...

Ya the rad is not really alot thinner than stock actually. A tad. but not lots!

Just sayin