canopy donut

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im installing a canopy I picked up. Anybody have a line on a donut that would go between the truck and canopy, to help reduce road noise???

gandalf

Reaction score
Do you mean a window boot? The kind of thing which allows you to open the sliding windows between the cab and the camper shell? I picked an example from google.

Window Boot

I'd offer you the Krispy Kreme Calendar, featuring the Krispy Kreme Girls, but I'm afraid I'd be banned for life. I had nightmares when I first saw it.

Last edited:

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your talking about the Clear Truk-Boot then yes that's what I'm thinking of... Im not sure if that requries the windows be removed and permanently open. I don't like that idea. This doughnut idea is good , I can still open and lock the truck side window

gandalf

Reaction score
if your talking about the Clear Truk-Boot then yes that's what I'm thinking of... Im not sure if that requries the windows be removed and permanently open. I don't like that idea. This doughnut idea is good , I can still open and lock the truck side window

Yes, that's the one I was referring to. We had one, still do somewhere. Our's is black, and my memory says a bit larger. it did not require removal of the sliding window in either the truck or the camper. They both remained fully functional.

This is by no means the only place to buy them. I used it solely as an example, for the picture. It also gives you several terms to google.

My only concern is the fact that the cab and the bed move independently as the frame flexes. The window boot is attached, I think by suction cups, to the cab. Therefore it rubs on the camper as the camper moves. This must eventually have an effect, on the camper, the boot itself, or the cab.