California is going after grease thieves

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Nit Picken

Ok.. let me throw this out for better or for worse...

1) The government only cares about what affects THEM (FRCP 2 : {Federal Rules Of Civil Procedure}
Rule 2. One Form of Action
There is one form of action — the civil action.

2) The reason the government gives a crap about thing or another is because its a "private" matter between colleagues, friends etc, OR it benefits them by keeping them in office, electing them, etc. It's all about what makes who look good, and how much profit is in it.

3) Theft would be FAR less if the said political jerks would back off and stop passing bias based laws that make life overly difficult for others. (You can't tell me that there is 0% of the people in this world who feel forced and/or just "snap" from the pressure created from bias based laws and rules).

4) For the people in the world that DO create problems and really ARE thieves that just like stealing, chop a hand off at the wrist and see how they like it.

5) The BS called "Taxation".. Yea, THERE is delightful subject. a) taxes are ONLY supposed to be taken DURING WAR TIME, NOT PEACE TIME. {and that is in the constitution for the REPUBLIC of the united states and NOT the "democracy" of the united states. Look up the meaning of 'ultra vires', 'de facto', and 'de jure' sometime. b) And here comes the part nobody cares to read nor believe. So I say this : Do some proper research into it and take the time to wade through the conspiracy theories and the crap and see the truth from your own research;
The Internal Revenue Service or "IRS" was founded by a Paul Warburg of hamburg Germany. It is a German corporation owned by the Warburg's and HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH THE U.S. "GOVERNMENT" (you can read I.R.S. advertisements that say it in fine print, and they will tell you that as well). Paul Warburg was also one of the founding members of the Federal Reserve at the meeting held on Jekyll Island Hotel in the United States.

6) Our country was founded by people not afraid to stand up for themselves against wrongs done them. The reason why so called "Government personnel" get away with what they do is because of secret meetings and lack of a country that stands together. The power they have is that everyone is too stressed to care. "where am I getting my next pay check", "my car insurance..", "I have to feed my kids...". Amshell Rothschild made a very famous quote : "allow me ot control a nations wealth and i care not what the people do". Amshell Rothschild was the father of the Rothschild brothers that started the world central banks.

Now, I am not a conspiracy theorist or nutjob, However, what I am saying is this : Find the truth, understand it, and be empowered by it. Sure, spread the word and communicate, it's needed. But there has to be a way to reverse the political drama this country is enshrouded in. If I knew the way to fix the problem I would, believe me, I would.

As for the original posting above, Yea, I believe its half BS and half truth. Peoples motivations are their own. But I also believe that some of the people feel forced into what they do and their stress rules them. Not everyone is stressed, some really are criminals that deserve harsh treatment. :dunno

That's my 2 cents for those that care...

Last edited:

cornbinder8591

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. once the stuff is used, it should be first come first serve. I was getting all the grease my brothers and I could use until the big out fits moved up here and started offering people checks that never came. those big grease contractors are no better than opec, GOD FORBID THE CONSUMER GETS A FREEBY!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's all about money, plain and simple....The Government gets something if the recycler collects the oil, they don't get **** if the average Joe burns it for fuel.

cornbinder8591

Reaction score
It probably wouldn't bug me so much if they would at least offer the stuff back for sale here. either just filtered or a biodiesel. there is only one biopump in a hundred miles of my place and it's just as expensive as petrol

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. once the stuff is used, it should be first come first serve. I was getting all the grease my brothers and I could use until the big out fits moved up here and started offering people checks that never came. those big grease contractors are no better than opec, GOD FORBID THE CONSUMER GETS A FREEBY!

If I own a restaurant and I buy oil for the fryer, it is MY oil and if I contract with a company that removes it, it becomes their property when it goes out the door. That company may be a family owned outfit having as hard a time as the rest of us, but even if it is owned by the mythical "evil corporation", that does not give you the right to steal. You are entitled to nothing.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Who owns your garbage then and would YOU care as much if it was stolen? This was waste until some years ago.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a guy that burns a lot of biodiesel I can tell you I would consider it theft and would never even think about dipping into one of the containers that belongs to someone else whether that is a restaurant or another biodiesel guy or even an "evil big corporation" like Griffin. The states and federal government can and sometimes do tax homebrew biodiesel. If they want their revenue, I think a lot more people will be willing to pay if it is simple and there isn't too much red tape to pay it. I will become angry about this if and when the big rendering companies try to make homebrewing illegal and make it illegal for a restaurant to give or sell their grease to anyone but a licensed renderer. I don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone who would steal out of a container...at least around here many of them have conspicuous warning labels that the owner of the container as well as criminal and civil law views taking anything out of that container as theft. In my view, whatever happens before it goes to that container is between me and the restaurant owner, and after it is in the container it is the property of whoever owns the container. I will say...these renderers could do a lot to prevent this and improve their image by selling the oil to homebrewers/co-ops and treating their restaurant clients well. One of the major rendering companies here basically told me he buys oil he doesn't sell it and wouldn't offer biodiesel for sale in anything smaller than a railcar sized quantity. They also generally are rude to restaurant owners and rarely pay them very much for their oil. This still does not justify stealing the oil, but probably shows that there are easier and more profitable ways for the grease companies and restaurants to solve this problem than involving the government.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
What I am trying to say is basically, this once great state has enough money problems and where will the funding from this come from.

Of course theft is wrong, but there should be NO MORE focus on this than theft of other types including other recyclables.

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Stab number 2....

Theft really is theft. I still believe that if you steal you need your hand removed from your carcass. However, I also believe people should not be forced into situations where they consider theft because they have no choice. Even then I do not believe theft is right. My biggest problem in this is the focus on it when other more important things are being forgotten for whatever reason.

If I had the money, the contacts, and whatever else was needed, I would most certainly start my own private bio plant to help the people of this nation. And I would not charge more than operating costs. Of course, I would also file every possible paper I could think of, and even invent some, just to keep the profit hungry politicians out of said potential business. They don't need it. There is a reason the term "private" is so important. It means "not used in commerce, so get your fingers out of my cookie jar".

I may be 31, But I am a grumpy bastage of a man who doesn't like being screwed with, stolen from, lied to or about, etc etc.:backoff

sassyrel

Reaction score
As a guy that burns a lot of biodiesel I can tell you I would consider it theft and would never even think about dipping into one of the containers that belongs to someone else whether that is a restaurant or another biodiesel guy or even an "evil big corporation" like Griffin. The states and federal government can and sometimes do tax homebrew biodiesel. If they want their revenue, I think a lot more people will be willing to pay if it is simple and there isn't too much red tape to pay it. I will become angry about this if and when the big rendering companies try to make homebrewing illegal and make it illegal for a restaurant to give or sell their grease to anyone but a licensed renderer. I don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone who would steal out of a container...at least around here many of them have conspicuous warning labels that the owner of the container as well as criminal and civil law views taking anything out of that container as theft. In my view, whatever happens before it goes to that container is between me and the restaurant owner, and after it is in the container it is the property of whoever owns the container. I will say...these renderers could do a lot to prevent this and improve their image by selling the oil to homebrewers/co-ops and treating their restaurant clients well. One of the major rendering companies here basically told me he buys oil he doesn't sell it and wouldn't offer biodiesel for sale in anything smaller than a railcar sized quantity. They also generally are rude to restaurant owners and rarely pay them very much for their oil. This still does not justify stealing the oil, but probably shows that there are easier and more profitable ways for the grease companies and restaurants to solve this problem than involving the government.

very rude to rest owners,,and feel the owners OWE them the oil!!!! they are more than happy to give it to me,,to keep it out of the hands of the grease co hacks!!! one of the grease co's i called anonomously..said they would only sell a 8000 gal tanker of used oil.. i asked,what they did with it???? they sell it,,to companys, that add it to...........CHICKEN FEED!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two friends who own restaurants. They would give me all the grease if i wanted it, but i would have to take all the grease, all the time. They need to rely on a company or person who removes it, to be there regularly and maintain the collector. I have enough problems without enticing bears to come to my house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.