Cab Grounding?

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to make sure the cab is properly grounded?

I have been having some guage wierdness lately. If I remember correctly grounding is a common cause of this.
Thanks,
Tristan

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
i had similiar problems with my gauges -water temp and voltmeter turned out to be a corroded ground on the radiator support the lead has two wires going into an eyelet there is one above each headlight. not a definite fix but it is easy to check

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Just a chunk of 10ga with ring terminals that fit the battery terminal bolt. Run it to a fender bolt. I did both sides like that. At least until I made my custom battery cables.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Yup, very important. Look under the cab and there are a few that go to the frame. Also, check to make sure the main cable that goes from the battery to the wiring harness, frame, and block isn't corroded.

Adrianspeeder

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought an 88 F250 plow truck years ago that didn't start. A small ground wire up by the battery was corroded, apparently this was the ground for the computer.

I didn't get the deal I thought though; the frame was rusted clear through just behind the front wheel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin