c6 to zf5

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
what all do i need thinking about swqitching it over got the tranny drive shaft and new rear end for 500 good deal?

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
what all do i need thinking about swqitching it over got the tranny drive shaft and new rear end for 500 good deal?

Why'd you have to buy a new rear end? It depends on what rear axle you bought? I see Dana 70 rears go for about $175 here (That's why I'm keeping the D70 under mine for now ... :sly).

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Do a little search on things I posted recently since Its been asked a few times lately, I have just done this swap and its pretty simple. So just do a search on C6 to ZF swap or something similar to that, im positive you will find what you need.

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
well lets just say the rear end i had.... i beat the living crap put of it ran it out of fluid and everything else ahah

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
When I swapped from the E4OD to a ZF, I had to replace the front section of the rear driveshaft. The one I got, was originally from a C6/4wd truck. Perhaps the front driveshaft on yours will be reusable as well.

zpd307

Reaction score
gary, were you able to reuse your front driveshaft? i got my old dmf gutted, ready to bolt back together.....

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
gary, were you able to reuse your front driveshaft? i got my old dmf gutted, ready to bolt back together.....

I couldn't reuse my old front driveshaft. I had an E4OD in there originally. I believe you should be able to reuse yours though.

zpd307

Reaction score
i have an e4od right now that is starting to flare radomly on shifts. i got everything to convert over to the zf5, except the driveshafts and trans tunnel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online