BUYING IDI V2

CheckYourBuffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, most of you have either saw or responded to my other thread of the 1990 f250 2wd with the 7.3 idi! You guys disliked it alot so i passed and listened, i found another 1990 with another 7.3 idi with 188k miles with 4wd! HE wants the same price of 3000$ maybe i can offer him a bit lower as it needs a paint job lol. Here is his ad!

Selling my truck. I moved and no longer need it. It has the IDI diesel with aprox 188000 miles. The odometer has rolled over once. 4x4 will all new fluids everywhere. I have oil analysis results for the truck as well. I have coolant with DCA/SCA specific for this engine. I have upgraded the transmission with a transgo tugger, custom battery cables(larger 2/0 cables), gear reduction starter, BFG Rugged terrain tires, it has a tool box as well. It has an outlet for a 5th wheel. A/C and power door locks don't work. Its smog exempt. I have the clean title in hand. 3000 OBO. Willing to negotiate!
You must be registered for see images

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the po knew his stuff. I'd be ok with it as it's the first ad I've seen anyone mention coolant additives and oil analysis. I bet the maintenance has been pretty rhourough

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this one excites me in a good way. just make sure the primered area is collision repair not body rot. there's three layers of metal coming together there and any persistent moisture will kill that area. doesn't matter if you live in kali or not.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep looks like the owner knows his stuff much, looks like a Dana 60 front end as well which is excellent, I would get some more info like recent repairs and find out what the interior looks like. If all it really needs is some maintenance and paint, you got yourself a good truck if you can work him down on the price a bit.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
driver's side looks nice as well as the interior.
offer $2400 and float up a little from there.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the glow plugs, it looks like he has the block heater on, that will help it start but could indicate glow plug issues.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one more thing, I agree it may have a D60 front.
(check out the pic below for reference)
if it does, JUST GIVE HIM THE MONEY.
take the keys, title, truck and RUN and don't look back.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt D60..well maintained D50 looks like that.

If yer other truck was that gawdaweful 2wd w lift and no shocks...ya this is no brainer in comparison....

Go look tale pics report back..we are here to help...btw...if other truck is that pos 2wd w lift n no shocks...good choice passing on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online