Brake shoes and pads for heavy duty use!

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally just gave up on all the local parts store brand offerings for our trucks! All the brake pads and shoes I got were junk! Either had a ton of noise and stopped well or no dust and instant brake fade while towing. The brake shoes being sold for our trucks is also a joke the new steel plates are nowhere near the same thickness or quality it should be. I had an autozone brake shoe lose 5 rivets and the shoe slid off and jammed up the rotor. By chance we switched brake suppliers at work and I went ahead and through two extra part numbers in:sly and installed them when they came in. I used brand new Motorcraft rotors in the front and new Wagner drums in the rear. I can't really say enough good about these new brakes;Sweet So if anyone else needs better brakes and is tired of the uncertain will it stop or will it not game then maybe try these:dunno http://www.phoenixfriction.com/c-317-brake-products.aspx look at the high heat fleet pads!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never paid that much for my brake shoes and pads.
look up a undercar parts wholesaler in Concord that goes by the name Fast Undercar. If you work for a repair shop, you will have access to their product.
fleet duty brand "Posi Quiet" has served me well for the last 10 years. I get and easy 3-4 years out of my brakes and I am a code 3 kind of driver. be it F350 or F450 loaded to gross and beyond, I've never had brake failure due to overuse. if you use your engine/trans/brakes/heft in a balanced manner, your brakes should never be failing. but if you must stand on your brakes....make sure you have a hydroboost conversion done on your F350;Sweet

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I've been using Hawk pads or the last few years on all of My vehicles.

I got almost 90K miles on the first set on My 93. No Squeaks, virtually no dust, and they grab tigher the hotter they get. We live in Duluth, Mn. It's like the streets of San Francisco around here. I'm usually loaded with 800-1500 lbs in My box.

Best Pads I've ever used.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online