Bought a new truck 93 N/a Dually

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I did the check list last night zero blow by not a puff timming is not bad sounds nice not rattle. I've seen better oil before so it got changed right away 1995 motorcraft oil filter and some Rotella. Filled tranny and one quart of bars tranny stop leak seal conditioner and drove 75 miles and its still running good. Valve cover gaskets need changed. small leak from fuel/water sep. Puttin new fuel filter on today and filling with atf to clean her out. Runs very well Sraight as an arrow SMOOTH AS GLASS NEVER ROAD IN A DUALLY THIS SMOOTH IN MY LIFE. anyways should I change to oil in 500 miles to be safe an make sure its clean? As for the tranny only acts up if its floored from a stop bearly let off an it sifts freeway stomp an down shift and goes great just when you let off to fast it has a problem if you drive it like a daily its great no problems. Any thoughts? its an e40d. Has 104,700 on the clock. Trucks really clean and May be the FIND OF THE YEAR I THINK idk if I will ever find a deal like this at THAT PRICE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah.one like this for example:
http://www.amazon.com/Hayden-Automotive-678-Rapid-Cool-Transmission/dp/B000C3DDKO

iv got one about that size,and i had to install a t-stat in front of it,because it was over cooling the trans except for 3-4 months out of the year here in Maine.
once the converter locks,she really doesn't crank up much for heat,unlike the old c6's.
at the test port:
150 min operating temp.
175 perfect temp.
200 max temp.
remember those basics,and you'll be fine with 30k mile flush intervals.
your supposed to flush every 15-20k miles when towing.but that's ford general rule of thumb for those without temp gauges is all.it's not necessary if you keep 'em cool.
here's the one i put in mine:
http://www.amazon.com/70268-SuperCooler-Automatic-Transmission-Cooler/dp/B000CIGE9G

depending on how you use your truck,and your avg outside temps,that may be too much like it is for me,or it could be hopelessly too small.

Last edited:

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a tru cool stacked plate with external bypass for a 40,000-45,000 GVWR......... if you have an external bypass then get the biggest cooler that will fit (if using tube and fin type)...... or a reasonably sized stacked plate cooler.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i've got major fuel smell of un burnt fuel from exhuast dipped the tank. it's full of red dye diesel. I know it doesn't hurt anything but is that where the smell is comin from. :sly its getting 15MPG

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
My experience with red diesel is that other than it being red its no different. That wouldn't cause that smell. And depending on your setup, 15 mpg isnt very good either.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a dually with 4:10's I didn't think it was to badd why what's yours getting? I thought that too but here in cali if u get pulled over for ur truck havin any smoke they dip ur tank an it's like 1,000 dollar fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online