bolt falls out in front gear case breaks camshaft

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should just tab it at that point Muddy. As long as a person had to ability to make a tab, it would be cheap. I think the kit only costs about 50.00, still a small price to pay for the fix. You would also be getting rid of the problem of having an aluminum case and a steel set screw expanding and contracting at different rates causing cracking or loosening of set pin.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come over to the other side Muddy!;Poke You can do it.:D Soon my case is coming off and a tab will be put in the place of that gawd awful set screw. No problems yet, but, who knows when.

B

Big K

With our luck we'd find that your case is stepped. OK by me, and you get a new crank seal in the bargain. You gotta install it this time ;p

We'll have a spare on hand ;)

As usual, Locktite is in the 'fridge. Unless it's in stick form. That stuff is :cool

Next thing you know, Terry will be wanting to tear his apart, also. And after all we've been thru....LOL

MUDDY

Reaction score
hell fire. ya be ovrreactin by worryin bout the setscrew. ya got it retained and it works well. just pull frnt cover and tend to them bolts. if ya jerk the screw ya gotta patch the hole

'Come over to the other side Muddy!'
okiedokie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we has. as harold said this morn,,,,,'if u cant beat em join em.' new policy here is to tend to the bolts and tab the pin. harold is in the process of making buncha tabs as we speak. our prjct in the idaho bombers is to tend to the bolts of all the rigs who has recieved kdp. older rigs/most milege first

yep,,,,,,,,,,,,a very rare occurance wid the bolts dudes. but if i stil had my 02 id pull the cover and check it out. 3g's are changed to a button head torx and locktited from factry

looks as if we wont run out of bomb party prjcts for aa while

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MUDDY Come over to the other side Muddy!'
okiedokie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we has. as harold said this morn,,,,,'if u cant beat em join em.' new policy here is to tend to the bolts and tab the pin. harold is in the process of making buncha tabs as we speak. our prjct in the idaho bombers is to tend to the bolts of all the rigs who has recieved kdp. older rigs/most milege first
[/B]

Now if only the NW premier kdp fixing guy L J :rolleyes: (name left out as to not hurt the young lads feelings) would endorse the idea, it might take off.:D:rolleyes:

MUDDY

Reaction score
here is some carnage pics from the 92 harold did
:{

You must be registered for see images

and the bolt that fell out and caused all this carnage