Bio Diesel

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
You will need to replace any fuel lines made of rubber since your vehicle is pre-'93 with a biodiesel compatible hose such as this . Carry an extra fuel filter because the bioD will clean out the #2 diesel mineral deposits lining your tank and fuel lines and will deposit them on your fuel filter. You may need to blend the bioD with #2 to lower the gel point if you have cold morning temps.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
You will need to replace any fuel lines made of rubber since your vehicle is pre-'93 with a biodiesel compatible hose such as this . Carry an extra fuel filter because the bioD will clean out the #2 diesel mineral deposits lining your tank and fuel lines and will deposit them on your fuel filter. You may need to blend the bioD with #2 to lower the gel point if you have cold morning temps.

So then my 1994 F350 should be fine with bioD as far as the rubber issue is concerned????....I will change the filter. Thats a lesson I learned when I bought a used pickup and ran fuel treatment through it. It cleaned great and clogged the filter great too which killed my fuel pump!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With talk of a barrel of oil going over $100 soon, I'm going to get ramped up on this soon myself.

dezl

Reaction score
So then my 1994 F350 should be fine with bioD as far as the rubber issue is concerned????....I will change the filter. Thats a lesson I learned when I bought a used pickup and ran fuel treatment through it. It cleaned great and clogged the filter great too which killed my fuel pump!!!!

you should be fine, anything built in early 93 should have the lines changed.

dsscrusher

Reaction score
I too have a 93 F350 and am looking at starting BD. Can I use pure silicone hose for fuel lines? I can get that cheaper (free). It is thick walled suction type tubing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7