Belt ?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just swapped a 93 motor into my 92 f250! For some reason the serp belt is shorter on the 92??? I have measured the pulleys, and they both have all the same features, and have even swapped out idler pulleys! Can't figgure out why they are different! I bought a stock 93 belt thinking that would solve my problems but it was exact same size as 92 belt! But the belt that came with 93 motor is about 2-3 inches longer! What's going on?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tensioner seems to measure the same center to center! No difference that I can tell unless one will release farther than the other!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there was a lot of confusion at the auto parts stories on what length belt to use.

I bought a stock 93 belt thinking that would solve my problems but it was exact same size as 92 belt! But the belt that came with 93 motor is about 2-3 inches longer! What's going on?

So what problems are you having?

Just saying you have two different size belts, don't mean anything.

IIRC, There is three sizes listed for a serp belt engine. Alternator pulley size, Van or truck (location of Vac pump), AC or none, tensioner open spring or closed spring.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure under vac pump pulley! What is the difference between open spring and closed spring?

7.3 Obession

Reaction score
I've had the same issues I finally found a belt that fits my 93 its from napa and is 2835mm long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is I have one dry rot cracked belt that fits, and two new ones that are to short! Running crappy one now but would like to use one of the two new ones, but can't pin point what the difference is! And won't fit! I'll switch out some stuff tomorrow! Gotta get the booger eaters washed up and put to bed, so we can get up for church in the morning! Thanks guys for the help!

7.3 Obession

Reaction score
Yeah check sizes because i have seen a 2820mm belt and its to short.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a belt at carquest that is supposedly 114 inches, but had to be ordered, and then they said none of the suppliers had one! Wish I had a Napa here!

Reaction score
Did you try taking the belt that fits into the store? They typically have a belt gauge hanging around. Makes quick work of it.

Mike

7.3 Obession

Reaction score
114 is to long it only fits applications with the Leece Neville alternator.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm would rather figgure out how to make the two I have fit! They seem to be a more common belt!
Might help with confusion in the future! Just my thoughts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance