bed liner on body panels

96dieselram

Reaction score
i am thinking about putting herculiner or rhino liner on the side of my truck, i was just wondering if any of you have done this and have any tips. also how does this stuff protect against rusting on the bodypanels? any adive would be appreciated.

rubberfish

Reaction score
There was a guy here that had done that to his truck.
The way he figured it, it would never rust. At least
not from the outside in. The only real ***** was it
looked pretty cool in the beginning, but like all of
the "spray in" type box liners, it began to fade after
about a year or so and started to look ******, but it
seemed almost impossible to put a dent on that truck. :D

I would never put that stuff on my truck.
But on his s/b 4x4 all done up in black it looked good. :thumbsup:
I wish I'd have gotten a pic of it.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
The newer liners are suppossed to be fade resistent... that's to be seen...

we have it on a couple of Rhinos around here... it's the color coded stuff... orange... yellow... Looks real nice...

We are going to have the lower portions of all our fiberglass panels done with it on the new race truck.. the rock spray eats fiberglass like salted streets eat steel.... you don't really notice it until it has eaten all the way through it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 99 Dakota and I Rhino Lined from the rocker panels up to the side molding break. I looked fine and was tough as nails (I was driving 40-50 miles of gravel roads per day) and still looked good when I traded the rig off several years later.

This isnt something I would attempt with the Autozone DIY kit, I had it done by a licensed Rhino application site.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I agree. I'm thiking of doing this on the Wifey's Z71 as well for the same reasons Stroker said. If it does fade, most liners have a warranty and they will respray the top coat for little or nothing.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
send a PM to wreckaboy1.he had his done and it looks swwet.he even painted it to match the truck.ive seen it in person many times.