Barneys Truck is for sale!

Hallworth

Take Off! You Hoser
Reaction score
I don't Understand :dunno You were really polite in your e-mail. He could have at least explained himself. I just sent him another e-mail but I haven't got one back -cuss

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here is our corrospondance:

ME TO HIM:

Hi I called you today on the F250 If you could send me some pics I would appreciate it.

As I stated on the phone, the pic in your Craigslist ad is a buddy of mine's truck. It is a 1984 F-250 extended cab with a twin turbo diesel. That pic was in the October Issue of Diesel Power Magazine on page 161.

Here is a link to the pic from their website:

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/0810dp_ford_diesel_truck/photo_05.html

I am looking for a rust free Texas Truck to bring back to Michigan and that is how I stumbled on your truck for sale.

Thanks in advance for the pics,

Darrin

HIM TO ME

Well 1st of all that is my truck in the pic infont of my house yes the pics are similar

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

ME TO HIM:

Yes, The similarities are striking,..

Same white pole barn to the left of the truck,
Same glare on the windshield,
Same green car in the background,
Same chrome gauge on the cowl by the windshield,

Anyway let me know when you can send me some more pics. I have a buddy that is moving his son and his car down to Dallis this week and will be coming back with an empty trailer. So I am looking for something to buy that he can haul back for me. I have been dealing with these ole Ford trucks for years, and always liked them. You cant find them rust free up here in MI.

Thanks,
Darrin

No response, so ME TO HIM:

Still waiting on pics of the truck.
Thanks,

Sill no response,

I searched his number on Dallis CR, and he has posted that truck about 4 times and they are still up there. What the hell is he thinking,...?
Pretty sure that I won't hear from him again,..and I am serous about buying a Texas Truck in the next couple of weeks,..

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Gee, I wonder if Mike and crew over at Diesel Power are aware somebody has used one of their pictures?:dunno

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Funny how the shadows are also the same and both trucks are missing the same bumper bolt? Guess he liked Barneys truck so much that he copied it!

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I don't know what all the ho-hum is all about... Barney should be flattered that someone idolized him and his truck enough to go to that much trouble, to make an exact duplicate of both it AND it's surroundings in his picture!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the online article for that diesel power thing? I have the mag around here somewhere but I cant find it

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the online article for that diesel power thing? I have the mag around here somewhere but I cant find it
Never mind I found the mag, it's on page 161

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If everyone goes to that craigs list link and hits the link in the corner for the "prohibited" flag , they'll look into it.
It wouldnt hurt to drop them a message as well
I flagged it and reported it as a scam. The ad violates two of their policies, the picture violates copyright laws since the guy pulled it from the magazine and it violates their bait and switch policy , referencing that the picture appears on page 161 in the october 2008 issue of the magazine

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
He just sent me an e-mail telling me that it is sold, however he didn't delete any of the ads that he posted for it.

Still corresponding with him just to have some fun..

Later,.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online