Backhoe Bucket

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
mjstef said:
Here is another good pic for reference.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

Where's the pic of 'accidentally' setting the bucket down, on top of the blazer? :rotflmao

aussiedave

TOKEN AUSSIE
Reaction score
the ones on the east coast of australia are so big they have there own post code :rotflmao :rotflmao
sorry ray just pullin ya leg mate

totally cool ;Sweet

this weekend where slabing a huge blue gum tree pics to come

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
aussiedave said:
the ones on the east coast of australia are so big they have there own post code :rotflmao :rotflmao
sorry ray just pullin ya leg mate
The ones I've seen from over there the seats on top and they have 5 year old boys as operaters in the sand pit in the back yard :rotflmao LOL
You making firewood out the blue gum or you got a Lucas mill?

Ak HDM

Reaction score
Ray, I noticed that your line boring machine is hydraulic powered, the ones in use here are electric motor driven- no hydraulics. Do you have better control of the feed speed with the hyd. versus electric motor driven?
At the large gold mine here in Fairbanks there were 2 Cat 5130 front shovels, but I believe they've been replaced by Hitatchi 3500 front shovels. There are also Cat 789 trucks & a 994 loader.
You've got a good job! :thumbsup:
Mike

aussiedave

TOKEN AUSSIE
Reaction score
Ray Freeman said:
The ones I've seen from over there the seats on top and they have 5 year old boys as operaters in the sand pit in the back yard :rotflmao LOL
You making firewood out the blue gum or you got a Lucas mill?

were getting 3.0m x1.2m slabs for table tops about 25 of them

were using a 3120 xp husky chiansaw with a 62 inch slabing bar

about $10000 bucks worth of slabs not a bad find i found while fencing this place im working at.

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
Ak HDM said:
Ray, I noticed that your line boring machine is hydraulic powered, the ones in use here are electric motor driven- no hydraulics. Do you have better control of the feed speed with the hyd. versus electric motor driven?
At the large gold mine here in Fairbanks there were 2 Cat 5130 front shovels, but I believe they've been replaced by Hitatchi 3500 front shovels. There are also Cat 789 trucks & a 994 loader.
You've got a good job! :thumbsup:
Mike
Mike the advantage with hydraulics is the power you can get to the bar and the torque at low revs. We are using hydraulic power pacs with 8hp motors and we can get nearly all that to the bar. The hydraulic motor is very compact,maybe 4 inches diameter by 4 inchs long.Much differant to a 8 hp electric motor. Also the hydraulics are controlled by electric proportional valves so with a remote control I can forward,stop, reverse with a switch and adjust the revs infinitely from a rev every 5 minutes to 240 rpm. The reason we want the very slow speeds are that the machine also padwelds the bores for me.
The 50 series Cats have never really taken off here.There were a lot of problems with the earlier ones and may have made mining companies wary of them. Top of the heap here in heavy diggers is Hitachi. There is a lot of them in the West from 100 tonne to 550 tonners. O and K have a very good reputation to with Komatsu's PC1250 very well regarded in the smaller 100 tonne class
You can't go wrong with Cat trucks and must outsell everything else except in the real big stuff where the electric drive is king.
994 Loaders have a good name for production but Cat needs to have a serious look at a bigger machine. The Komatso WA1250 is a lot bigger and becoming very popular in the Iron Ore mines up North. The 994 has a very narrow loader frame which is ******* pins and bushes.Really brings a tear to my eye ;Sweet :thumbsup: Hope they keep that design ;Really

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online