Backhoe Bucket

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
With Matt talking about Backhoes I thought some of you might like to see this back hoe bucket I line bored last week and fitted the bearings to today. It fits onto a Hitachi EX2500 digger

Attachments

• Hitachi Bucket 010small.jpg
    Hitachi Bucket 010small.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 36

jvencius

Reaction score
Ray Freeman said:
With Matt talking about Backhoes I thought some of you might like to see this back hoe bucket I line bored last week and fitted the bearings to today. It fits onto a Hitachi EX2500 digger

WOW! What's the biggest piece of equipment you've ever worked on?

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
jvencius said:
WOW! What's the biggest piece of equipment you've ever worked on?
Thats off a 250 ton machine and weighs around 18 tonne. It takes around 30 tonnes of ore per scoop.
We have done work on bucket wheel reclaimers and ship loaders http://cms2web.fam.de/english/Products/Stockyard%20systems/Bucket%20wheel%20reclaimers/ and also the hydraulic excavators are getting a lot bigger. Lots now weighing in around 600 tonnes. We also do a lot of small stuff off 20 to 30 tonne machines but the big stuff is easier to work on and much better money. Also the larger mining equipment generally works in rock so it wears much quicker. There are a few pics on our web page http://www.plb.iinet.net.au/

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
smokin_stroker00 said:
How come thedieselstop has a link but not oilburners :backoff :***:
Well I had forgotten that :eek: That will be coming off as I have not posted there I don't think for over a year.
Will I put one to OilBurners?

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Ray Freeman said:
Still thinkin that would be a good gig to have here Ray!! I coulda used you last week! Did the main bushings on our 590 hoe and had to do a bit of welding and HAND FILING to keep the bushings in place!! A line boring tool would be a lot easier!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Geez thats a small bucket LOL

Some of those mining excavators have some good sized buckets I sure hate to be the person that has to hard surface that one. You would be there for days doing X's and O's with lines bettween them :D

I guess it takes a barrel of grease to grease the pins every day ;Sweet

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Pacific said:
Geez thats a small bucket LOL

Some of those mining excavators have some good sized buckets I sure hate to be the person that has to hard surface that one. You would be there for days doing X's and O's with lines bettween them :D

I guess it takes a barrel of grease to grease the pins every day ;Sweet

Actually, this machine takes 2 55 gallon barrels of grease a shift and 800 gallons of fuel. When it blows a hydraulic line 2-300 gallons of fluid can escape in less than 5 seconds. My buddy runs one at a mine about 8 miles from here. The loader's shovel holds 26 cubic yards, weighs 800,000 pounds and took eleven tractor trailers to carry it to the site. Once there, assembling it takes 500 CAT technician man-hours.

Attachments

• Cat-5230.jpg
    Cat-5230.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk