back seat blues

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I took a moment and sat in the back seat of TDT and realized that that seat sucks. Is there any way to modify cheaply to make it actually usable?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's JC Whitney that sells a "lift kit" for the rear seat...brings the seat up high enough that you actually have a little bit of legroom. I need to get this kit for my seat, but haven't had the chance yet...my seat is as miserable as yours is...

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
My rear seat s**ks too!

If you guys can come up with a number for that lift kit from JCW - I'm sure my wife and kids would appreciate very much! I looked on JCW and couldn't come up with anything there!

Hoss... ;Sweet

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
My dad raised the rear seat of his 79 super cab. He used 4" channel iron. I'm not sure how the rear seats bolt into the 84 cab though

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yup that is the same one that I installed on my old truck. It is a real nice system, and I recommend it, but if you are over 5', no matter what you do that back seat will allawys s**k!

That is why we moved up to a Crew Cab...

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some from a newer truck, I believe a 94 and they were about 8-10 inches higher than mine. I just swapped the the cover and pad and VOILA, FANTASTIC. Well better than the original anyway

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ripped mine out, and replaced it with a couple seats from a ranger that sit sideways. They fold up out of the way, and although only 2 people can sit back there at a time, they can reasonably stretch out, and sit somewhat comfortably. I don't think I'd like to ride back there for any distance, but at least now it's usable space...

Took a bit of fabwork, but it's another option....

Zigg :)

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flatlander said:
I took a moment and sat in the back seat of TDT and realized that that seat sucks. Is there any way to modify cheaply to make it actually usable?

umm get a crew cab? :D never did like extended cabs.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Um Rich, there's a reason why my wife started calling it "That Damn Truck". Keep in mind that my wife doesn't cuss (actually she started about midway through the truck project). If I got rid of it and bought something else, I'd hate to think what she'd start calling me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online