Back in the saddle again!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
How I missed the sweet smooth cackle of a good 'ol IDI! Traded the powersmoker straight up for a '91 F350 2wd dually CCLB with a banks sidewinder equipped reman 7.3 with a banks trans command equipped E4od and an '85 F350 CCLB srw 4x4 351 C6. Both run and drive flawlessly, the '91 is CLEAN, the '85 a lil crispy. I'm letting brandon play with the '85 til I figure out what I'm doing with it....like stealing the d60 for the dually. Plan on stealing the moose off the scout for the dually, maybe some bbs too but it runs smooth as glass and runs 75 with the cruise set without a sweat!
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice indeed....

bout time ya got yer ***** together and get back here from that dark side....ooo yes...pwer and all that sooooo tempting....then reality is you can handle it....and have to come back;Poke

:popcorn

Again, damn fine looking rigs!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I have a silly question too.... Looks like theres a map sensor on the firewall but theres no hose anywhere. Any idea whats going on there? Theres a check engine light on too......uhmmm what? LOL

gatorman21218

Reaction score
On a manual transmission truck, the check engine light means you are out of oil or have over heated. the E4OD might throw a CEL but I have no idea about that.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAP sensor is common oddly but I have no idea why it's there on a diesel. If it's not connected don't sweat it.

Could it have been a gasser conversion and that be a left over part?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The diesel all have the map sensor. Never seen anything connected to them

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MAP sensor effects how the transmission shifts. I think the idea is to help it shift based on how much power the engine can make. (sense its naturally aspirated the intake on the engine is running at atmospheric pressure at that location). If i remember right on the PSD it is connected to the intake (because with the turbo you are no longer running at atmospheric pressure).