Attitude EGT reading high?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my attitude in for about 3 month and I never see 300 degrees before I shut the truck down anymore. It seems to stay around 367 at idle... even this morning at 7 degrees out.. My spa would be around 255 under the same conditions... Lateley I have just chalked it up to the attitude being high. Has anyone else noticed this.

My probe is in the passenger side manafold and it does have a bushing to bring me from 1/4 npt to 1/8npt.:thanks: :thanks: :moon: :thanks: :thanks:

BMDMAX

Reaction score
My Attitude and SPA are always within a few degrees during steady state conditions. The thin probe on the Attitude monitor does vary up to 400 degrees difference during acceleration conditions though.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BMDMAX, are your probes on each side of the motor ( pass and driver side manafold )... And what are you idle temps after normal driving.... Thanks

BMDMAX

Reaction score
Attitude pyro = DS and SPA DG211 = PS manifold. Usually around 300 degrees at idle after driving.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am definatly high... Thats what my old SPA guage would be.... it would start down from 340 and be at 300 pretty quick.... Wonder if i should call edge or just live with it knowing its high.... You dont think the bushing would hold heat.... Do ya? :confused:

On edit: BMDMAX, I would like to see more of your avatar... It looks like it would be interesting to see what happens.... That still shot could lead to some good TV!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has done it from the start... So I know the connections ate clean and dry.... Maybe I WILL HAVE TO CALL EDGE....

The avatar is sweet..... it will not show me the size in the thread... Can you check the properties on your machine to see how large it is.... Give a PM

flhrciblueice

"Git 'R Dun!"
Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
It has done it from the start... So I know the connections ate clean and dry.... Maybe I WILL HAVE TO CALL EDGE....

Is the probe possibly out of center in the manifold?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online