Are gas and Diesel brake boosters the same?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told before that Gas trucks and Diesel trucks are not the same booster. However from looking at them they do apear to be.. My brake booster on my idi seams to have bit the dust, and I am looking for one online cheap. Only variances I see are under 7k gvw and over 7k gvw..

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you want to double check look on a auto part web site type in info of both trucks. IF part number is the same for both trucks then your good.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like I remember a thread on this. Someone swapped one off their f150 and had a really hard brake pedal. The 1/2 ton and light 3/4 ton master cylinders are smaller bore and with the master cylinders on our diesel trucks, he had a really hard pedal.

Don't think it will work properly, but maybe the over 7k might.

What problems are you having?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recall there is differences based on gvw not recalling gas vs diesel specific differences.

I hqve a gas booster same size as diesel...both 1 ton 4x

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like I remember a thread on this. Someone swapped one off their f150 and had a really hard brake pedal. The 1/2 ton and light 3/4 ton master cylinders are smaller bore and with the master cylinders on our diesel trucks, he had a really hard pedal.

Don't think it will work properly, but maybe the over 7k might.

What problems are you having?

That would of been me. cookoo Should of followed my own advise and look up part numbers before trying that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online