anyone here have a back window graphic?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered one, should be here in a few days. Just curious to see if anyone else has one and how they came out; if they were a pain in the rear to put on or what not. If you got one, lets see it, or if you have experience/tips lemme know :)

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I had one... :( Have to get another one, but i need a solid back window...

It was pretty easy to put on since Seth helped and knew what he was doing...

You must be registered for see images attach

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one, it's a PITA and it's coming off! When it gets wet, the little holes hold the water and you can't see well out the back window. If you get ice, you can't scrape it off. When the light hits it just right, you can't see out. Unless you never use your inside rear view mirror, my advice... don't waste your money. Buy an inside window tint if you are suffering from sunstroke or something. It wasn't hard to install, though. Very soon, I'll see how hard it is to remove.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
In the truck that had it I didn't even have an inside mirror. The one in my crew cab is basically useless cause the mirror film inside is coming off...

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I barely use the inside mirror unless i'm checking out some bitty in the car behind me at a light. I drive trucks about the size of dump trucks all day long, side mirrors are my best friend!

That said, i'm scared to try it and **** it up. It's just going to be really nice this weekend, so I was wondering if a clumbsy do it yourselfer could handle it. I may just have the tint guy do it when he does my side windows. I bought this one, and should be here tomorrow:

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
its not hard but soapy water is your freind when putting it on

tape it to the truck where you want it to land on the window

rough cut it to about the rubber molding

spray down the window then peel off the backing with a freind helping spray the film down too

apply with a squeegee work the bubbles out the sides

then razor blade cut it to final size

the soapy water will make it move around alot better if you mess up u can pull it off and try it again

once its all done let it sit in the sun for awhile check it for the next 15 mins make sure a bubble doesnt creep back in

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soapy water is how i've applied most my window stickers in the past, but never did a complete window like this.i've also had good and bad luck with that method. I youtubed some videos and it seems like no one reccomends having the window wet when installing the graphic??

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done window tinting and applied dirt bike graphics, it's a PITA.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
the water on the window helps with any dirt that may still be there i also forgot i always scrap the window clean with a razor blade before i do anything

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm definetly not going to do tint myself, i have no patience for that. I may try the rear window though. My guy can't do it til the 23rd and I'm going to be too antsy by then. Still not sure what percentage tint i'll do with, but i'll figure it out when it gets to be go time.

And I planned on scraping the window, especially since the ******* who painted the truck before me got overspray on it.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty easy because of all the holes in it, it can't trap an air bubble. Try to get an extra set of hands cause with the window wet the graphic likes to try and creep down...

icesoft

Reaction score
Window tint isn't bad at all on these trucks, all of the glass is flat in at least one direction except the windshield, so tint is easy. On your back graphic, make sure you get it laminated, that way the perforations don't hold water and you'll be able to see out it in the rain (and it won't stretch the perfs when you apply it).

Like others have said, float it on with soapy water (baby shampoo is one of the popular recommendations) or if it's your first time at something like this, go buy a window tint installation kit (squegee, application liquid, spray bottle, and razor blades).

Directions below based on laminated graphic, and also applies to window tint. Directions are similar for non-laminated graphics with exception of the air-bubbles...

Wash the window with a NON-AMONIA based cleaner
Scrape the glass with a razor blade to clean off any other crap the window cleaner didn't get
Then wash it again
Soak the window with application liquid and put the graphic on the glass but leave the backing on it
Cut the graphic just oversize, the application liquid will help hold it in place while you do this
Reapply the application liquid and start taking the backing off your graphic (not all at once, start at a corner or side)
Start applying the graphic, keep the window wet as well as the back of the graphic while applying, don't worry about air bubbles yet, just keep it wet
Once you get it all mostly in place, start squegeeing the water out (and air bubbles) starting at the center and work your way out to the edges
Trim the edges to a final fit with a very sharp razor blade and you're done

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i ended up doing it dry and it came out pretty darn good for a novice. it's a little lighter than I hoped, so I may throw a layer of tint on the inside so the image is more visable (its supposed to fade anyways). Not sure if I'm brave enough to try the tint, but it WOULD save me $200 if I did! I think it's perfect truck for a beginner since like you said, they're flat and darn square.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gr idk why one of em is upside down

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads