Anyone got a good running 7.3 they want to get rid of cheep?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah I will be in the same boat...but I am fairly confident that with the updated head gaskets and using good sense on boost and EGT, I should be fine. Has your truck ever had new gaskets? Have you read Mel's head gasket and turbo article about the various updates to the gaskets over the years?

I dont know if it has the new style head gaskets. I'm seeing my grandpa next monday, I'll bring it up then. Yes I've read Mels write-up, though I should read it again, cause it was a while ago when I read it.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Justin, I'm sure someone with 6.9 experience, like Mel, will pipe up about boost with that engine, but with the turbo you'll have, one word- wastegate. You will be able to dial it in.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin, I'm sure someone with 6.9 experience, like Mel, will pipe up about boost with that engine, but with the turbo you'll have, one word- wastegate. You will be able to dial it in.

Yup, with that wastegate I'll be able to limit my boost. I think I will try to limit it to about 10 psi, until next summer when I can affoard some head studs.