Any interest in a NE Indiana meet?

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I'll leave this one up for a while and see.

Any interest in a meet here in August. Would be the weekend of the 2nd.

Pipe up and let me know if there is any interest.

I know that we will not be headed east this year. Thought with fuel prices on the rocket ship headed higher and higher. Maybe this would work for some.

Hoss....

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me in, just let me know where and when. Probably have about 4 guys interested in coming. Have any idea where? Thanks!:thumbsup:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I could probably do like a Friday/Saturday (or even more weekdays) now that visitation is set. Wanted to go camping the Travis, but the ex wasn't cooperating and the final visitation order was being modified, so I didn't have the authority to make changes. Anyway, the ex gets one day per weekend, I determine the day, so as long as I could get her to her mother Sunday AM, I would be good to go. I can skip the visit all together if I am gone for more than a week!!! Maybe I need to stay longer! :)

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
NE Indiana meet.....

I am still thinking of right here in Mongo... I hadn't seen any interest - so I haven't checked into the new owners of the campground. There are no full hookups... I know elec. and not too sure about water hookups? No sewer hookups. There is a state campground just up the road that has a dump station - "I think it is still in use".... Would be best for me if it was the weekend of Aug. 2nd here... We have a tractor pull here in town on Sat. afternoon at 2PM then. This is not gonna be a busy, busy, busy, type meet... Sit around, eat, drink(within reason) , visit, eat some more, And have a good time.... I might try to camp on Sat. nite too..... We live just across the river. Thru the woods and a field.... I was thinkin of a drive thru the state wildlife area, Ice Cream stop or something.... And a group picture in a grove or field near here.... Before we all head out..... Any takers???? I don't think that the campground takes reservations? I'll find out and see, but when I was gonna do this before - we didn't need them... I'll see what i can find out.....

Link to campground site:

http://www.tradingpostcanoe.com/index.htm

Ike.... Hoss......

PM for contact info. for me....... or
[email protected]

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Update......

OK........

Here's what I have so far.....

Primitive:
$20.00 per family (2 adults & 2 chldren)

Electric: $25.00 per family

No sewer, No Water at sites.... Have a fresh water hookup to fill your tank - if needed and the state campground gives the OK for using their dump station about a mile or so away....

Visitors $2.00 per adult (3 hour maximum)

The new owners now take reservations:

I have 5 Electric and 5 primitive reserved for the weekend of Aug.1-3

Fri. nite and Sat. nite.....

If we need more - Then we need this figured out soon.... They have been filling up on the weekends some..... This is also a canoe and kayak trip rental place too....

We have an ice cream shop in town too... And a bar as far as that goes too..

If you call and make a reservation: Tell them that you are with the Notestine party...... That's Note - Stine is how it's said.... Like beer stein...

Chime in here and let me know if this is a go or not... I want to cancel the lots - if you guys aren't interested ... I know that some are though - So let's make this a go....

Like I said though - AGAIN - This will not be a busy, busy, busy type thing... We will not be able to be there all of the time.... I think we can get some things arranged. Was thinkin an ice cream run thru the state ground and a picture. Possibly a trip to the Auburn-Cord-Duesenburg museum and the NATMUS museum and possibly the WWII museum about 50 miles away or so??????????? On Sunday - if that would fit into the time.... Guessing not though. Breakfast run on Sunday morning before all head out?????? We have a tractor pull here in town on Sat. afternoon.....

Maybe just a sit around and BS around the fire type thing on Fr. nite..... Maybe we'll camp fri. nite too???????

Possible breakfast run on Sat. morn.??????

Let me know what you all are thinking......

Take a look at their site and call and make your own reservations please...

Ike...........

Last edited:

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, I will have to play it by ear to see how the wheat harvest goes, straw baling, and our second cut of hay. It's not a far drive for me, could at least make it up one night to shoot the bull and meet some fellow diesel heads ;Sweet

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm game for a tractor pull. I need to wait till next weekend to know for sure if I can go. Truck needs rear spring hangers replaced and camper needs water line fixed.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
We are having a weiny roast here at the house that weekend. I forgot about it, but when I looked following your pm, I discovered I can't do it that weekend. The following weekend, it's to my best friends for a pig roast...forgot August was such a busy month!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
There was some talk at the rally about an Eastern In. meet. I'll wait and see if anymore chime in. Its about 550 miles for us, so it not out of the question.
John

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
NE Indiana Hoosier Diesel Meet......

Hey Guys!

Glad to see some of ya chiming in..... I sure hope more decide to make it. I was hoping to see some more of the local guys here..... Guess we'll wait and see what happens for a bit.... I know with the economy and fuel and everyone is busy. That this may not work, but I sure have high hopes... I hope to see a bunch of you in August...

Hoss...