Another idiot light question. ABS

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
OK, so how is the ABS light sposed to work. When I turn the key on, it comes on for a few seconds as per normal. I thought it was also sposed to come one whenever the ABS system is activated due to a hard stop. Well, when I’m in a hard stop and I can feel the ABS doing its thing, the light on the dash never comes on. :shocked: Isn’t it sposed to? Or do I have it wrong?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I don't ever remember the one on The E coming on during a hard whoa nellie, even on gravel when testing the braking system. The rears never did lock up for more than an instant. So I guess that is the way it's supposed to work - dunno for sure.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Yeah.. i think it only comes on when you're low on vacuum or your ABS controller is saying funny stuff... and i think it might also come on when your brake fluid level is low enough.

Dunno if you know, but that's how you are supposed to know when to change your brakes. Basically, you change your brake pads then bleed brakes, fill up the resiviour to the max line, then as your brakes wear down the fluid level goes down, and it's all preset so when the fluid gets low enough, which also means your brakes have worn down, it triggers the sensor in the resiviour and lights a light on the dash, i think the ABS light. And then you change your brake pads :cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online